Thursday, April 28, 2011

Updates and Business:

As the semester is winding down, stress levels and productivity are increasing for me. Being fair-skinned, or as some affectionately refer to it as "pasty," I tend to burn easily. I am also not a big fan of heat and temperatures over 80 degrees. Either way, I ended up getting both heat-stroke and badly burnt this past Sunday playing Ultimate Frisbee on the beach. I had quite an interesting reaction to these (other than being fatigued, nauseated, dizzy, and over all feverish) : my forehead turned lobster-red and became rather swolen. You can imagine the wonderful looks I got all week! Luckily the redness and swelling has subsided and today I look almost normal with the exception of the bridge of my nose (which is still swollen and makes me look like a Na'vi from Avatar). Moral of this story: wear sunblock and drink ridiculous amounts of water. All of this happened, of course, just in time for final exam week (Hurray!).
Despite the recent set-backs I finished a new painting today. I also put together a small collection of poems (will post here soon). Photos will be taken of all recent work (paintings and drawings) and will be posted soon as well.
In other news, I have started to put together a preliminary itinerary for San Francisco and have selected travel dates and hotel location (Yay!). I have also started the Holy Cow Yoga Challenge this week for the second year in a row. I am a big advocate and fan of yoga and have been practicing for almost two years now. Its really helping me relax and recenter in this time of chaos. Lastly, I have started gathering a list of projects that I will be undertaking over the summer involving a lot of art but also some performance art (poi, fire poi, aerial dance, and various other things).

So hang in there and new work will be posted soon! Namaste!

1 comment:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

Neither am i, i also don't like heat. Thanks for sharing this blog!