Thursday, April 7, 2011

Success!

I received news today that I have been awarded a grant I applied for back in February. This is fantastic news because this grant will provide the funds I need to be a professional artist for a summer. With this money I will travel to San Francisco, California for a week to tour and visit museums, art schools, and galleries in the Bay area. I will then return and spend the remainder of the summer working on my own art. The grant will pay for my supplies and salary!

I am overwhelmed with happiness right now (and scaring some of the people around me)! This grant took half of my semester (a quarter was spent actually writing it, and a quarter was spent making up work I had to put off to write it). The whole thing was 12 pages long and was the first grant I had ever written.

Of course, there is still a daunting amount of work to be done and many more challenges to overcome, but for now, I am just going to bask in this rare moment of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.