Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Everyone Loves Naked People

Especially me (I, myself, am naked several times a day)! Which is why I love CofC's open studio sessions on Thursdays. Its open to all enrolled CofC students and (best of all) its free. The next one is tomorrow and you better believe that I'll be in attendance getting my art on. (heh heh)

On a more serious note, being able to draw from a live model is a great way to both learn and improve your drawing skills. There are so many things that one can learn from life that is just unavailable in a photograph. And even if you are not a figurative artist, figure drawing can help inform your art. Also, there are very few places where someone willingly sits still for you for three hours, so when an opportunity arises, go for it! Being a figurative artist, open studio is heaven for me. Here are some of my sketches from the last session or two:






No comments: